Another knight joins the posse roaming through these still not entirely satisfying chaotic steppe bases.
For the fourth time reminding myself this is a speed-paint project – about two hours and a half per model – I’m still quite satisfied with the armour, in this case especially the barding. I started with a lot of stark colours on the knight’s armour (red, yellow, blue) but the green ended up eating them up a bit and it seems I tried to overcompensate with white lines on the helmet. 🙂
Material highlight for today: thyme bushes, or rather bushes made with thyme twigs. I like the fact that they are cheap and abundantly available and that they look like tortured small trees – something from Dante’s wood of the suicides. The slightly chalky bark could be changed with paint, but can also be exploited for an easy “ghastly” effect.